Saturday, November 8, 2014

:: Sweater Weather Tag ::

Hey friends! I love watching and reading other blogger's/vlogger's tag posts, I think it's such a good way to get to know them! So, when I watched Elle's from allthatglitters21 sweater weather tag I wanted to do one as well! So here goes...

1) Favorite Candle Scent

I definitely love more holiday scented candles but this year I stumbled upon Bath & Body Works Fireside & I fell in love. I've burned two 3 wicks since September. It is a very cozy scent but not too heavy and not too sweet. It just fills the room with the most comforting scent.


2) Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate

Tough question but if I'm being honest definitely coffee! I can get down with a cup of coffee any time of the day. Nothing makes me more content than waking up on a Sunday morning and snuggling Winny in bed with a giant cup of coffee. My favorite coffee brands are Target's Archer Farm K-cups in flavors Caramel Macchiato & Vanilla Latte.


3) Best fall memory you have 

My favorite memories from Fall have to be going to the local pumpkin farm with my best friend and getting warm apple cider & frosted cookies. You guys don't understand, these cookies are an institution in my hometown and people line up to get their hands on them. My best friend and I would bundle up in scarves & boots and go walk around looking at all the pumpkin displays which were made up of favorite movies using pumpkins to create the characters. Then we'd choose pumpkins and go home and carve them. 

4) Fall Make up trend: Dark lips or winged liner

I am a huge fan of both but it definitely has to be dark lips. I really love playing up my lips and I feel like darker colors bring out my eyes if that makes sense. My favorite Fall dark lip has to be Yves Saint Laurent in Color 2 Pourpre Intouchable.


5) Best Fall fragrance

Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb is it for me. I have recently started getting more into fragrance and this scent is a little more of a heavy floral that doesn't feel too Spring/Summer. I absolutely love it! 


6) What is Autumn weather like where you live

I live in Wisconsin so the weather is perfectly Fall. The leaves start changing by mid September and put on the most colorful display for weeks. To be honest though, the weather can be a little erratic. One day it'll be 65 degrees and then the next down in the 30's so it can be a little tough to plan your outfits for the week. Below is a picture of Kensoha Road in Door County, WI in the Fall. Can we all just acknowledge how perfectly curvy this road is and it leads you to the fairy that takes you to Washington Island, Wi. 


7) Most worn sweater

This year it has to be my Zara cowl neck sweater I recently purchased. Despite living in the coldest part of the country I don't have nearly enough sweaters so I have to spread the love pretty evenly. This sweater though is so cozy and heavy that it keeps my little chilly body warm even in the worst conditions. 


8) Must have Fall nail polish

This one is easy, it has to be Chanel Vamp! It is a cult classic brick red that just screams "The weather is chilly & you need dark red nails!!" 


9) Football games or jumping in piles of leaves

Football games for sure! Living in the Midwest, more importantly Wisconsin football is a big deal! Add to that I am a Chicago Bears fan living in Packer country makes it even bigger! 

10) Skinny jeans or leggings

I have to say skinny jeans, though I love a good pair of leggings. I have definitely invested more in leggings this year than the past but skinny jeans have to take the cake for me. 

11) Combat boots or Uggs

Neither, I prefer Hunter wellies for this time of year. Don't get me wrong I love a good pair of combat boots every now and then but I live in my Hunters! I never got into the Ugg trend mostly because I didn't understand how they kept your feet dry in the snow? My fears were confirmed when I went to Chicago with friends and they all wore their Uggs & I wore my Hunters and by the end of the day their feet were soaked. I could get down with some Uggs for around the house but not for braving the snow. 

::modified pin::


12) Is pumpkin spice worth the hype

Definitely worth the hype! Call me basic but I cannot get enough of the flavor & not just in lattes but cookies, pies, anything. 


13) Favorite Fall TV show

If you had asked me this 2 years ago I would have said The Vampire Diaries but that show has taken a turn I don't like. I've recently become obsessed with the show Gotham starring Ben McKenzie. It's very dark and super edgy and tells the story of James Gordon and how the city of Gotham came to be so filled with crime! 


14) What song really gets you into the Fall spirit

I don't have a song that gets me into the Fall spirit but I definitely have a movie and it should come as no surprise that it's Hocus Pocus! I watch it like 5 times every year, it's such a perfect story for the time of year! I just love it! And can we talk about how perfectly ditzy SJP is in this movie, she cracks me up the entire time. I spend most of the film just watching her mannerisms because they are hilarious! 






Tag! Now you're in! Leave your sweater weather tag post in the comments below and I would love to get to know you in your Fall best! 

xx










No comments:

Post a Comment