Saturday, December 13, 2014

:: Engaged ::

We're engaged!! To say that it was a long time coming would be an under statement but only because Kyle and I have been talking about getting married since we were in high school. Fast forward 10 years and he finally popped the question! Here is how it all went down.

For my birthday this year Kyle got me the very generous and relaxing gift of a spa day at the Knickerbocker Hotel spa, The Knick to get a massage, facial & blowout. We also booked a room for the night to stay and have a nice little night away after a year of wedding filled weekends and a new job that tends to make spending time together a little tough.

After my spa treatments were over Kyle came up and we checked into the room and I finished getting ready for a night out. We went to dinner in the hotel restaurant and he didn't seem nervous or like something was up at all. I have to admit I sort of had an idea that this was the night he'd ask (he set himself up pretty perfectly). After dinner Kyle wanted to walk downtown and look at the Christmas lights which is pretty unlike him as every year I beg him to drive around and look at lights to no avail.

We walked to Cathedral Square where a giant lighted Christmas tree stands in the middle of a beautifully decorated square. There were so many kids running around and I've never seen him get more agitated in my life. So we walked for about another hour and a half to a few different locations including a skating rink I've been dying to go to year after year again to no avail but everywhere we went something threw the moment off for him. Until we walked to a random Christmas tree that was big and red and definitely made a statement. So, Kyle asked to take a picture and we sit down take the picture and he says, "Now let's take another one but this time you wear this..." and pulls out the ring. Even though I had a feeling it was coming, in that moment when he finally got up the nerve to ask I felt so overwhelmed with surprise and love {cheesy I know} that it's all kind of a blur. Of course I said yes {multiple times} and then it was time to celebrate {and call my mom & best friend to share the news}!!

::the rink in milwaukee that i've been wanting to go to for years::

::the big red tree we found to take a christmasy selfie::

::the moment before he popped the question::

::first champagne has an engaged couple::

::this guy!!::

::let the planning & celebrations begin::

I swear weddings will not take over but I will definitely share the planning experience along the way. Next up- a quick wedding inspiration post! 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment