Sunday, February 8, 2015

:: BHLDN ::

The experience of finding your wedding dress is a scary and exciting one. What if I don't find the one? What if I don't look good in any style I try on? I think I know what I want but what if I change my mind?

These were all the questions, plus more I'm sure I've banished from my memory since as I went in to try on wedding dresses. Half the battle is the experience and I must say the experience I had at the BHLDN store in Chicago, IL was an amazing one. From the moment I walked in the door I felt like a bride, more like THE bride because at no point did my path cross with any other bride that may have been in the store. 


Let me paint a picture for you- you walk in to this imaculately beautiful store to find the first floor is everything bridesmaids. After you check in they walk you up a big beautiful marble staircase to the second floor where you find cases filled with bejeweled belts, crystal headbands, sparkling jewelry & party dresses galore. Past that you find a room filled with bridal intimates & unmentionables that are so pretty you feel guilty at the thought of covering them up. Across from that room is another section filled with the most adorable wedding gifts & trinkets, I wanted all of it. But these rooms pale in comparison to the gown gallery which as you can imagine is a room filled with gown samples & mannequins so gorgeous it makes it hard to pick just a few to try on.


After I met my stylist & picked 2 more samples to try not included on the list I'd submitted when I booked my appointment she led us to our bridal suite. This room was so cute and so private, it was a little lounge area {with cans of Sofia champers awaiting our arrival, I know this store was meant to be}, all the samples I'd requested to try on, and separate little room for me to change into the dresses. Literally never saw another bride the entire time I was there, talk about an individualized experience. My stylist was so sweet and extremely helpful, always willing to go get something or offer an unbiased opinion {did I forget to mention I had requested to try on the dress she had choosen for her own wedding in October & was debating on it for myself unknowingly}.


I have to say my time at BHLDN was an amazing one! I would urge any bride to be, who can make it to the store, to do it. Not only is it one of the prettiest stores you'll ever enter but they truly cater to you and give you their undivided attention. As a nervous bride who was terrified and excited, I left that store feeling so good about myself and my choice that it put a lot of wedding nerves at ease!



Also- one of the dresses in these images {all from BHLDN} is my dress! Leave a comment below on your guess of which one it is!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment