Monday, December 26, 2016

:: Off the Shoulder ::








::sweater/nordstrom {sold out- similar}, leggings/luelaroe, clutch/rebecca minkoff, lips/stila in aria, polish/orly kiss the bride, sunnies/chanel {old-similar}::

How was your Christmas? I feel fat and happy but hopefully with my goal to work out everyday during this break I'll get back in shape in no time.

It seems every year I vow to get healthy and in shape and just like most people I fall off soon after the new year. Last year helped that I had my wedding a few short months after the holidays so our trip back to Mexico this year is a fabulous motivator. 

To be honest, I was never great a working out because I could manage a small frame without it. I knew eventually that wouldn't be the case anymore and at 30 I can say it's time to make nice with the gym and get in a better routine. Now, I will say I still have a very healthy metabolism and if I would just eat better and drink less it would make a huge difference. If you don't know, in WI (well most of the state anyway) every event in which alcohol can be consumed...it is. Brunch isn't really brunch unless a bloody or mimosa are present, a sporting event is preceded by a tailgate in which brats and beer are consumed, and on a freezing cold winter night it's customary to warm up with a hot toddy or brandy old fashion. It definitely gets hard not to partake but it hasn't take me long to realize that a little self discipline will get me farther in terms of health. So my New Year's resolution is a 2 parter- 1) get a work out routine that works for me and 2) drink wayyyyyyy less. 

What are your New Year's Resolutions?



xx

PS- Nordstrom is having their Half Yearly sale now until January 2nd! My favorite picks
herehere, & here





No comments:

Post a Comment