Monday, December 21, 2015

:: Christmas Tag 2015 ::



1)What's your favorite Christmas movie?

So many movies come to mind when I hear this question but only one is a true, absolute favorite of mine & it's National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I have been watching this movie since I was little over the Holidays and every year I cannot wait to sit down with hot chocolate & my favorite fluffy blanket to watch (sometimes it happens to be watched in July). It is hilarious and truly all about the Christmas season, who doesn't feel an immense pressure to make the Holidays perfect?

2) What's your favorite Christmas color?

Red & green are the traditional colors of the season but I truly love silver & gold during the Holidays! Whether it be decor or fashion, the metallics scream "party" to me, pop on a red lip & you're instantly transformed into a festive party animal.

3) Do you like to stay in your PJ's or dress up for Christmas?

For Christmas Eve I get really dressed up in my Holiday best because I find that day to be a bit more of a formal celebration in my family. Christmas day I stay in my PJ's as long as humanly possible and then change into leggings & a sweater for the festivities.

4) Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

It depends on whose side of the family we're with. My family opens on Christmas day while Kyle's family tends to open on Christmas Eve because it's usually when we're all together with our niece & nephew. I like opening on Christmas morning because it makes me feel like a kid again ;)

5) Have you ever built a ginger bread house?

I have but totally cheated and bought one of the kits. It was so cute and really fun but I don't know that I'll have the patience enough to build one without the help of a kit.

6) What do you like to do on your Christmas break?

Luckily I have a job where I get enough time off over Christmas that it does seriously feel like a true break! I really like to bake cookies, hang out with family, and snuggle with Winny & watch Christmas movies. We live in the town where we grew up so we have the joy of our friends coming into town from wherever their lives have taken them so visiting friends is always really fun too!

7) Any Christmas wishes?

My only real wish is that everyone I know and love is happy and healthy! And that the weather is especially perfect on my wedding day (selfish, I know!) Also, peace on Earth because let's be honest we need all the help we can get!

8) Favorite Christmas smell?

I absolutely love the smell of pine/Christmas tree during the Holidays! All of the candles I purchase this time of year have notes of Christmas tree in it!

9) Favorite Christmas meal or treat?

This is so easy, my family's Swedish meatballs. My dad for years has been making my Grandpa Willney's (my mom's dad) old family recipe straight from Sweden, no gravy is involved in this version. The one thing I really really look forward to and fill the majority of my plate with. Thankfully he makes enough for leftovers.

10) What's your favorite Christmas song?

I was in choir all through middle school & high school and the first half of the school year was singing Christmas carols, I know the words to 90% of them including Gloria in Excelsis Deo. My favorite is a toss up between The Christmas Song & Carol of the Bells, these were my favorite to perform for choir. My other more modern favorite is N*SYNC Under the Tree!

TAG YOU'RE IT! Leave a comment below answering The Christmas Tag questions and I hope you enjoy the Holiday season!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment