Monday, February 15, 2016

:: Coffee Talk with C&C- Marriage Advice ::



I realize this post is coming a day late but better than not at all! I am very quickly approaching my wedding and it got me to thinking about all the advice I've received so far regarding marriage and how those words of wisdom will actually apply to my relationship. Honestly, I don't think I believe in marriage advice.

We've all seen it, some celebrity with a seemingly perfect marriage writes a book with tips & tricks on how to keep your relationship healthy but then shortly after the book is published BAM scandal rocks the union & divorce in eminent. Or, your friend tells you this amazing thing she did for her husband to surprise him & you try it with your husband & he looks at you like you're crazy! No 2 people are the same so it makes sense that no 2 relationships are going to be the same.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love when the people in my life offer words of encouragement or a solution to an issue with my sig based on what they've been through but it's not always a guarantee fix for everyone. So while it's great that there is a lot of resources out there willing to give you ideas to make your relationship better, remember that just because one solution didn't work doesn't mean you're doomed. No one knows your marriage better than you & your spouse!

 
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment