Wednesday, March 30, 2016

:: Beauty Talk- My Wedding Look Inspiration ::



When it came time to start making decisions about how I wanted to look on my wedding day I used my dress as serious inspiration. The vibe of my dress is vintage inspired romance and has a very soft look and feel, so I wanted my hair and make up to feel and look the same way. It was also really important to me that when I came down the aisle my groom actually recognized me, and I wanted to feel pretty looking like myself. I took my inspiration for my entire look from Julia from the blog Gal Meets Glam, her wedding has a similar look to mine and while her dress is different her hair and make up were just what I was looking for!


Obviously we have different colors in our hair & skin tone so I had to adjust to what works for me but I loved that she looked like herself! Her hair is the perfect soft romantic curls which is exactly what I want and will make it easy to put up once the reception starts. I am planning to have my hair done at the salon on the resort but chose to do my own make up. Please do not think I'm crazy but I have always found doing my own make up relaxing, and when I take my time it always works out. When I've gotten my face done for friend's weddings I don't think I look like myself and the colors are all wrong, it's weird I know! 

::palette/it cosmetics, blur perfector & lip gloss/ysl, foundation/laura mercier, heels/manolo blanik::

I received the it Cosmetics palette for Christmas and fell in love because it's all matte colors and the pigmentation is perfect! I realized after years of trying to make eye shadow with shimmer work that it just makes my eye lids look heavy & not very complimentary, so this palette is great & it's just plain pretty. I don't want to know a girl who doesn't love a pink crushed velvet! 

I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer daily but wanted more coverage for my big day so I went with their Smooth Finish Flawless Fluid because it's a medium coverage foundation so it wouldn't be a huge change from what I'm used to but gives me a little more cover. My skin loves Laura Mercier, I've been using it for years and while it is a bit more expensive to me it's worth it because I'm smoothing the product all of my FACE!! Nothing should be taken care of better than your skin, especially the sensitive skin on your face. 

Preventing shine was another concern of mine due to the weather in Mexico, being right on the beach I wanted to try and prevent as much as possible so I invested in the YSL Touche Eclat Blur Perfector. This product will be great because it can be used as an alternative to foundation, it'll just blend over your nature color or as a finishing product to reduce shine. I've used it a few times since buying and I love it. 

The gloss is the Gloss Volupte in #202 Rose Jersey, I find the majority of the YSL lip colors I love have "rose" somewhere in the name which is interesting because my favorite fragrances have notes of rose and my favorite lip balm is Christian Dior Creme de Rose. Do we notice a beauty trend here? This gloss is a beautiful shade of rosey pink that still looks very natural! 

The shoes...well you get the shoes! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment