Sunday, March 27, 2016

:: Showered with Love ::

:: my MOH & I before all the craziness began::

::the centerpieces were made from my mom's tea cup collection & she did them herself::

::gifts & flowers after the shower was over::

::my MOH, my mom, and my soon to be mother in-law::
{skirt/chicwish, sweater/target, necklace/via wantable}

What a day it was! My best friend & MOH came in on Friday afternoon to stay the weekend from North Carolina and Sunday was the perfect cap to the perfect weekend. These 3 women worked together to put on a beautiful party and everyone who came was so sweet sending Kyle and me such warm wishes for a loving and happy marriage. Not to mention all the beautiful gifts we received. 

My mom made the centerpieces herself, with help from my Dad & brother which makes them even more special. I have always loved my mom's tea cup collection which she inherited from her mother and I had the idea to use the tea cups in some way when the conversation about my shower started. My mom created them all her own and I absolutely adore how they turned out, I couldn't have pictured a more beautiful way to incorporate a piece of our family into the shower! 

I was dreading opening gifts in front of people. Despite what you may think, having that much attention on me made me so nervous and the thought of offending anyone by something I said or any lack of attention I paid to the graciousness of their gift (and their presence at my shower on a Sunday afternoon) made me sick to my stomach. But once I got started it got easier. To all you brides out there who love the attention, I envy you because all those eyes make me so nervous! 

And of course, to the 3 women who planned my shower THANK YOU!! It was a wonderful shower & it's amazing how much love I felt! Now on to becoming a Mrs. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment